Well, you can all probably see that my new website is up and running, thanks to the time and efforts of my eldest son. It is still very much a work in progress as we iron out all the glitches, but hopefully, things will soon settle down and I can get back (or rather start!) regularly posting! All the old posts can be found at https://heavenlycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ and whilst we have tried to export these over here, it hasn’t quite worked and all the images are messed up. This is somewhat of a big glitch to sort, so please bear with me as we get this sorted – either that or we will just end up deleting the old posts from here as I have just discovered there are 191 posts to go through!!!!
Anyhow, glitches notwithstanding, I am really thankful to have this website up and running and hopefully, you will like the things I will be posting. I want to have tutorials, regular blog posts, details of Stampin’ Up! offers and news, my craft classes as well as a page for my retired stamps in case you fancy buying any of them! I am planning on using digital kits from The Digichick, Snickerdoodle Designs and Tracie Stroud Designs as you just can’t beat digital kits for having a never ending supply of papers and embellishments 😛 !
I’ve been away a lot recently visiting various family members, so haven’t had much time for crafting but over the weekend I was fortunate enough to be able to work with the Dreamchaser Kit from Trace Stroud Designs, along with her It’s a Date templates and the Dreamchaser Artisan papers:
Aren’t those just the most gorgeous papers? And I really love that kit!
So, having the dates templates made the decision about what to create so easy. Clearly, an album with pages for each month where I can jot down ideas, “to-do” lists, notes about things I need to remember or events that took place as well as things people have said to me that I can include in a project life album!
For this album, I created an A4 file in Photoshop and added guidelines at 50% both horizontally and vertically. I then dragged the papers into the file, ending up with 4 papers (A6 size) on each “page”. I then printed everything out but unfortunately, forgot to take a photo of that!
To make the album, all I did was basically print and cut the pages (A6 size), fussy cut the embellishments and dates, added some plain paper and graph paper that I have had for ages and this is what I ended up with:
You can’t see clearly from the above photo, but the December 2016 and August 2017 pages are actually an acrylic sheet. I miscalculated the number of pages I would need to print and ended up using an A4 acrylic report cover for the missing months! But it all adds to the overall effect (hopefully 😉 ).
The above photos were taken in my craft room late at night. The lighting was not brilliant but you can see how it turned out. However, I’ve also made a short (‘ish) video showing the kit although it did take me at least 5 attempts to get some sort of vaguely presentable result!!! I’m still learning how to take videos, so let me know what you think!